Gnocchi is a variety of pasta consisting of various thick, small, and soft dough dumplings, which are made from semolina, egg, cheese, potato, all-purpose flour, and any such ingredients. The dough for gnocchi is most often rolled out before it is cut into small pieces about the size of a wine cork or a ball. The little dumplings are then pressed with a fork or hands to make ridges that can hold sauce into it.
Similarly, they are simply cut into little lumps. Gnocchi is usually eaten as a replacement for pasta in the first course, but they can also be served as a side dish to some courses.
Gnocchi is commonly cooked on their own in salted boiling water and then dressed in various sauces depending on the type of gnocchi and recipe we are making.
Some gnocchi can be made from pieces of cooked polenta, which are spread out to dry, and then layered with cheese and butter and finished in the oven. Here we will talk about potato gnocchi!
However, I have posted several Cuisines in this category by now. These are easy to make, and you can check a few them here: –
Moreover, Let’s know more about Potato Gnocchi recipe –
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Servings||Cuisine|
|20 minutes||10 minutes||2||Italian|
Nutrition Involved In Potato Gnocchi: –
Therefore, 1 serving of Potato Gnocchi contains –
| Calories – 329 Kcal | Protein – 9.7 grams | Carbohydrates – 67 grams | Cholesterol – 53 mg | Fat – 2 grams | Sugar – 1.1 grams | Calcium – 23.3 mg | Iron – 3.3 mg | Sodium – 21.5 mg | Potassium – 396.7 mg | Vitamin A – 76.1 mcg | Vitamin C – 7.4 mg |
Ingredients For Potato Gnocchi
- Potatoes – 4 medium
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- All-purpose flour – 200 grams
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Sage Leaf – a few
- At first, add the potatoes to a large pot of cool water, which has some salt. Then bring the water to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Now drain the potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle but it should be still warm.
- Meanwhile use a peeler or your fingers and remove the skin from the potatoes. In a medium bowl, mash the potatoes until all lumps are gone. Then add the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. After that make a cavity in the center of the potatoes and crack an egg into it. Whisk the eggs momentarily! Then, using your hands, gently mix it into the potatoes until it’s properly spread on every corner.
- Now put 1 cup of all-purpose flour on a clean surface and turn out the potato dough onto it. Working quickly and carefully, knead the dough, it should be solid at the end, don’t forget. Then slice the dough into 4 parts. Roll out 1 part into a long rope, about 1 inch wide, cutting in half and working with 1 half at a time if the rope is becoming too long. Slice the rope into small squares and set aside on a lightly floured surface.
- After that bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi in small – small batches, stirring gently once or twice to ensure they are not sticking. Boil until they float to the surface; after another 15-30 seconds in the water, remove.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter and add the sage. Add the gnocchi and toss until lightly golden.
- That’s how you make potato gnocchi!
To save time cut the potato gnocchi in small squares and leave as it is.