Methi chicken or chicken curry with fenugreek leaves is a tasty chicken curry that provides the fresh flavor of fenugreek leaves. Here is how to make methi chicken –
During the winter season, my fields provide fresh fenugreek and cooking chicken in that such ingredient is a bliss. We marinate the chicken with fenugreek leaves for 2 hours and such marination allows the chicken to absorb the flavor of the leaves. It’s very easy to make and doesn’t require much oil to cook.
You could either eat methi chicken with garlic naan, roti or parantha -whatever you like.
Dear viewer, you can check these recipes too: –
Let’s know more about Methi Chicken recipe –
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings||Cuisine|
|2 hours||25 minutes||6||Indian, main course|
Nutrition Involved: –
1 serving of Methi Chicken contains –
| Calories – 397.9 Kcal | Protein – 55.8 grams | Carbohydrates – 14.2 grams | Fat – 12.8 grams | Sodium – 278.8 mg | Potassium – 845.4 mg | Fiber – 0.7 grams | Cholesterol – 139.5 mg |
Process To Make Methi Chicken: –
1. First of all in a mixing bowl, add chicken, curd, onion paste, asafoetida, coriander powder, salt to taste, black pepper powder, fenugreek leaves mix everything well and keep it aside. Kindly marinate it for 2 hours at least.
2. Then in a large kadhai or pan, add oil and ghee, cumin seeds let it splutter.
3. After that add ginger, garlic, green chili and sauté well.
4. Then transfer the marinade chicken into the pan and mix well.
5. Meanwhile cover it with the lid and cook on medium flame till the chicken is tender.