Paneer Pasanda is a tomato-based gravy stuffed with paneer. It’s a rich creamy gravy that preferred as a main course and it stands out from other paneer items. Paneer pasanda is made with cashews, fresh cream, onion paste, and other ingredients. As a result, it’s a complete meal and can be eaten with laccha parantha or rice.
You can try these recipes too: –
Let’s know more about paneer pasanda: –
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings||Cuisine||Difficulty Level|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||4||Indian (veg)||Medium|
Nutrition Involved: –
1 serving of paneer pasanda carries: –
| Calories – 586 Kcal | Fat – 46 grams | Carbohydrates – 31 grams | Protein – 14 grams | Sodium – 151 mg | Potassium – 215 mg |
Ingredients For Paneer Pasanda: –
- Cheese/Paneer – 200 grams
- Cornflour – ½ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Oil – 4 tablespoons for frying
For Making The Gravy
- Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Tomato puree – ¼ cup
- Cashew Nut Paste -1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – as required
- Onion paste – 2 tablespoons
- Fenugreek – 1 tablespoon
- Jaggery – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 teaspoons
Steps To Cook Paneer Pasanda: –
- First of all, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and cur paneer pieces in a triangular and square manner.
- Also, mix cornflour with water and make a thick paste. Place paneer pieces one by one and coat it with paste.
- After that heating oil for frying and fry paneer pieces one by one until we attain a golden-brown texture from all sides and take out and drain on a grill or on a tissue paper.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and when its hot add cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- After that add ginger – garlic paste and fry it. Then add tomato puree and cashew nut paste with water and cook for a while.
- After that add onion paste and cook with the mixture. Meanwhile, add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, and salt, mix thoroughly and cook.
- Add more water to thin the gravy. Then add Kasturi methi, jaggery, lemon juice, and some cream and cook for a minute.
- Add fried paneer/cheese and cook for 2 minutes. Hence, garnish with fresh coriander and serve paneer pasanda with laccha parantha or rice.