Chilli cheese is a popular Indo – Chinese cuisine, which is consumed a lot during the winter season. The cheese pieces are marinated in the mixture of Maida with salt and pulverized spices then fried in oil. After cooking, the texture from outside becomes well-cooked and the cheese pieces offer great texture.
Chilli cheese is garnished with spring onions before serving and you can make it with or without gravy.
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Servings||Taste||Skill Level|
|40 minutes||15 minutes||For 2 people||Spicy||Medium|
Chilli Cheese of quantity 500 grams carries: –
Calories – 740 Kcal, Carbohydrates – 81 grams, Fat – 35 grams, Protein – 23 grams
INGREDIENTS THAT YOU NEED: –
To make Batter
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Maida (also known as all-purpose flour) – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – ¼ teaspoon
- salt as per your taste.
- water add as required
To fry Cheese
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Cheese – 200 grams (cut in cubes)
To make chilli cheese gravy
- Spring onions – 2 small
- Green chilies – 3 sliced
- Capsicum (Red & Green) – 2
- Soy sauce -1 teaspoon
- Red chili sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – as required
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar – ¼ to ½ teaspoon
STEPS TO FOLLOW To Make Chilli Cheese:
For Making Cheese Batter
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornflour in a bowl.
- After that, add 2 tablespoons Maida in that bowl.
- Then add ginger – garlic paste as mentioned above.
- Now add salt as needed along with the red chilli powder.
- Add some water and whisk the mix very well so that we attain a smooth batter without lumps. The batter must have good consistency.
- Following the process, add cheese cubes in the batter and coat the cubes gently.
To Fry Cheese
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Make the oil hot and deep fry them.
- Fry the cheese from one side and when it’s done, flip it and fry the other side. Fry it unless we get a crisp and golden texture.
- Remove the fried cubes and place them on kitchen paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
To Prepare Chilli Cheese Sauce
- In addition, don’t use further oil and what oil was left after frying. Add chopped garlic, chillies and capsicum, stir fry for few minutes.
- Stir fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes as capsicum has to be slightly cooked.
- Add red chilli powder, soy sauce, and red chilli sauce. Stir the mixture and add some water and mix well.
- Add some water and mix well. Let the mix simmer on medium to high flame.
- Then take some cornflour in a small bowl, mix it well without lumps.
- After that, lower the flame and add this mix to the gravy. Then add sugar and season with salt as per your taste.
- Mix well and add some chilli sauce to it, just to make the gravy thicker. Add fried cheese cubes into it. Mix properly.
- After 3 minutes, switch off the flame and add the vinegar (optional)
- After that, add chopped spring onions on it to make it more presentable.
AT LAST: –
You can brand the gravy slightly thick or with medium consistency for chilli cheese.
You can serve it with schezwan rice or with tandoori or naan or with tortillas.
It’s on you to increase or decrease the amount of soya sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilies, sugar, and apple cider vinegar as per your requirements and taste buds. If you don’t like cheese, you can make this with tofu as well.