Aloo paratha is a popular breakfast recipe from Punjab, a northern state in India. It’s my most preferred cuisine and I love to cook it once in a week. Well, in northern India, every second household makes some sort of paratha every week, and consuming aloo paratha with curd and aachar makes it even more delicious.
Aloo paratha is stuffed with mashed mixture of boiled potatoes, spices, salt, chilies, and coriander. This flatbread is cooked on a tawa from all side and boast with ghee, butter or oil properly.
The best part of making aloo paratha is that you can have them for breakfast as well pack them for the lunch as well. Even after some time, the aloo paratha tastes amazing.
However, I have posted several Cuisines in this category by now. These are easy to make, and you can check a few them here: –
Moreover, let’s know more about Aloo Paratha recipe –
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Servings||Cuisine|
|20 minutes||30 minutes||4||Breafast, Punjabi|
Nutrition Involved In Aloo Paratha
| Calories:213kcal | Carbohydrates:28g | Protein:5g | Fat:9g | Saturated Fat:5g | Monounsaturated Fat:2g | Cholesterol:23mg | Sodium:413mg | Potassium:390mg | Fiber:4g | Vitamin A:300IU | Vitamin C:8.7mg | Calcium:30mg | Iron:3.3mg |
- Adding oil or ghee while kneading the dough makes the parathas soft.
- The aloo stuffing mixture can be made according to your taste and liking. You can also add roasted cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), rock salt, coriander powder.
- To the aloo stuffing, you can also add other boiled and mashed veggies like peas, carrot, french beans, also grated cheese and paneer, to make it more nutritious and you have your mix veg paratha.
- Always cut the onions, chilies, coriander leaves very finely. Also, the aloo should be mashed very well. There should not be any lumps or small pieces in it. This is so, so that, the parathas do not break while rolling.
- If you do not have amchur powder, then you can use anardana powder or lemon juice. Add as per your taste.
- To vegan aloo paratha, roast the paratha with oil instead of ghee. Also, use oil while needing the dough.